Sunday, February 14, 2010

SAINT VALENTINE'S DAY

The origin of this holiday is murky, but its contemporary observance is clear. This is a day when love is celebrated. While it has become a very commercial observance, it remains a day on which we take a breath, step away from difficult issues and reach out and touch those we love. I'm one of those who thinks that "simpler is better" expresses it best.

Consequently, a carefully chosen card, a quiet dinner out...that's how my wife and I observe this day. She and I have a very clear understanding of our love for each other, and expensive jewelry would somewhat confuse that understanding. But I am a firm believer in "different strokes for different folks." Whichever means you have for expressing your love today, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment